Networking is tough, but not doing anything is tougher! Trying to find people in a crowd on a limited schedule is even tougher, especially at HR Tech Europe where our numbers have doubled-up this year. For these reasons, we have introduced new social connectivity tools to better enable attendees at this year’s event – knowing what someone looks like, is interested in, and the ability to engage before the event can make all the difference to your experience this week.
When I think of the best network-ers that I know, I am positively reminded of a supercharged French CEO at last year’s event or when I first started my career in major sports events, BMW ANZ involved a charismatic Bill Clinton in what proved to be one of the best networking events I’ve ever attended. There is a great buzz/chatter out there at the moment, the team and I are really looking forward to hosting everyone and making sure we have our best event yet!
BIG THANKS to Steve Hardy and Patrick Gaspardo at ADP for their sponsorship of the social network this year. Below you will find what our HR members have said and continue to say to us …. and in tandem how the new tools offer you the capability to match that feedback.
Pan European HR Members: It would be great if we could:
- See what members look like before the event.
- Go to sessions that we are most interested in attending.
- Find people with similar interests and get recommendations.
- Clear a year’s worth of vendor meetings in 2 days.
- Be prepared: View the expo floor-plans, whitepapers, final agenda and virtual trade-show of who’s who in the industry.
- Build a professional itinerary for the 2 days.
- Schedule meetings with vendors, speakers, analysts, journalists.
- Find out which of your friends from Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter are attending.
- Ability to stay connected and keep the conversation and friendships alive.
- Download the speaker presentation PowerPoint at the event.
- Receive invitations to over 50 cocktail parties and dinners organised by Oracle, Workday, Raet, SuccessFactors SAP, NorthGateArinso, Enterprise Ireland and many more! (Not including prizes for iPads, iPhone’s, Kindles, Driving Ferrari’s around Amsterdam! Weekend for 2 in London at the Wimbledon Tennis Finals, …).
- Was easier to keep in touch after the event.
There is no app which is good and bad. Bad because you are having to login via your preferred browser. Good because it has all the functionality of an app and Better because your itinerary/schedule is cached/saved even if you don’t have an internet connection. Remember to:
- Memorise & Bookmark this link: http://bit.ly/hrtecheurope (bit.ly backslash hrtecheurope)
- Save your password (write it down if you don’t have access to email at the event or you won’t be able to request a new one)
- WiFi is FREE for the duration of the event – Wifi Code: HRTECH2012
Disclaimer: This year we are testing lots of new approaches. To begin, meetings are not forced, everything is democratic. Its important to remind everybody, besides the networking and refreshment breaks, times have not been allocated specifically for meetings. The meeting room is there as an escape, to offer privacy and focus away from the expo area, most of the enterprises attending are interested in purchasing the next generation of systems and solutions. A healthy schedule will include plenary keynotes, next gen talent, social enterprise, ask the expert sessions, one to one meetings, cocktail party and dinners, etc. throughout the two days.
See Below some quick shots of how it all looks on any smartphone or iPad (better).
Marc Coleman is director of the Pan European HR Network. You can connect with Marc on twitter @HRNEurope or via LinkedIn. Recent productions include: HR Tech Europe, Next Gen Talent, iHR Awards and Social Enterprise. Build good-smart connections by joining Europe’s largest Corporate HR Network – Please feel free to visit the Pan European HR Network’s Groups on Linkedin
Do you have Facebook App on your smartphone? Like our Facebook Page for HR news updates, read them on the commute to work!
Marc is founder of the Pan European HR Network.